Spinning Base - Teak Wood with Glass Concave Lens
Spin Surface Base: Teak Wood with Glass Concave Lens
Teak Wood Spinning Base with 100mm (approx 4") Fused Silica Glass Concave Lens - 300mm Focal Length
- DISTINCTIVE & VERSATILE: Lens holder precision machined from natural Teak and the glass lens is removable for use by itself
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Durable Fused Silica lens and rich natural wood
- DOUBLE CONCAVE LENS FOR LONGER SPINS: Ideal 300mm focal length on both sides. Hard, smooth surface extends spin times significantly
- STURDY: Weight of the solid glass combined with the attachable 3M brand non-slip feet keeps base in place for long spins
- EXCELLENT GIFT: Spinning top enthusiasts will love this visually stunning and high performance spinning surface
We have combined our high performance Silica Glass spinning surface with a beautiful, lustrous-finish Teak base for the ultimate desktop display for any of our Brass, Bronze, Aluminum, or Stainless tops.
With a hard, smooth, slightly concave surface (on both sides!) this spinning surface base provides long spin times and a great way to keep a spinning top in one place! It fits snugly inside a precision-machined pocket in a ¾” thick piece of hand-selected Teak wood. The wooden base also has centering holes to hold up to four tops for display. We’ve even included genuine 3M brand non-slip rubberized feet that can be attached to the bottom of the wooden base to ensure it stays in place!
The 300mm focal length of the Fused Silica lens strikes a balance between low resistance and a strong centering action to keep slightly off-center spins contained within the 100mm/4” diameter. It will protect your table or desk from any dents and dings from heavier spinning tops and prolong the life of the spinning contact point of your top as well!
Note: Care should be taken not to drop the lens as it can shatter, but the fused silica will withstand the top spinning much better than regular plate glass or mirrors. The wood surface, being a natural product, may have surface imperfections and “character” present in the wood itself, but each surface is final inspected prior to shipping to verify the quality standards for which Bruce Charles Design is known. A top dropped from sufficient height can also dent the wooden base, so we recommend learning to spin your top on the surface with the lens by itself to preserve the wooden base as you become more proficient at using it.
4.75 x 4.75 x .75 inches
Bruce Charles Designs holds ourselves to rigorous standards with a relentless commitment to bring you something far from ordinary. But if you aren’t satisfied we will refund you in full no questions.
Click ADD TO CART to spin your very own little piece of perfect.